Even with all of this backing, SEC Chairman Mary Jo White removed the rule from...
Phil Radford is an American environmental, clean energy, and democracy leader serving as the Executive Director of Greenpeace USA. He was a co-founder of the Democracy Initiative, served as the Founder and Executive Director of Power Shift, and is a board member of Green Corps. He has a background in grassroots organizing, corporate social responsibility, and clean energy.
In 2009, at the age of 33, Radford was selected as the youngest ever Executive Director of Greenpeace USA. Radford’s tenure at Greenpeace is best known for the Greenpeace team convincing over 100 corporations to change their environmental practices; increasing Greenpeace’s net income by 80%; launching the organization’s grassroots organizing and canvass programs; and serving as a founder of the Democracy Initiative, a national coalition of major unions, environmental groups, civil rights and government reform organizations working for universal voter registration, to get money out of politics, and to reform Senate rules.
Referring to one of Greenpeace’s campaign victories during Radford's tenure, New York Times reporter Andrew Revkin referred to Greenpeace’s campaign as “Activism at Its Best.”
For a full biography, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Radford
This remarkable video shows people from Louisiana to Alaska standing together against the big money fossil fuel...
- USDA to Allow Chickens From U.S. to Be Shipped to China for Processing and Back to U.S. for Consumption, Just Like Seafood
- Lawsuit Filed Against FDA for Failing to Address Dangers of Mercury Fillings
- Man Risks Arrest Blocking Road That Leads Yellowstone Bison to Slaughter
- U.S. Judge Sides With Chevron in Case Against Ecuadorians, Allows Oil Giant to Evade Justice
- Report Exposes How the TTIP Could Expand Fracking in U.S. and Europe
- Stop Feeding the Beast and Start Feeding the People
- Powerful Film Underscores Urgent Need to Address Climate Change
- Sea World Responds to Blackfish Documentary, Sea Shepherd Sets the Record Straight
- Robert Redford: Tar Sands Pipeline is a Bad Idea, Fails President's Climate Test
- It's Time to Move Beyond Dirty Coal